Jan 19 - 27, 2018
* Book early and
save $160 usd
Immersion in a world of ancient Oaxacan potters, handmade cookware, smoky kitchens, small villages, innovation and deep experience.
Fire! Pre-Hispanic controlled bonfires to stone, updraft kilns and subterranean firings thick with carbon… to the flames that cooks your lunch and the fire in the sip of mezcal at dinner. Clay! Dug from the earth before our very eyes, made by hand and wrought into shape with the skill of generational masters. Clay finished in red, smoke black, green glaze and tannin-dyed brown. Clay that smells of earth and is made for cooking, carrying water and leaving a very light footprint on this planet.
B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner included in trip cost
Date: Jan 19 - 27, 2018
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
Category: Folk Art
Where: Valleys and Mixtec Oaxaca
Departing and Ending point: Oaxaca City
Cost: $2,150 usd per person
Early Bird Discount $1,990 usd
Register and pay your deposit before Sep 20th
Single Supplement $285 usd
* All Lodging during trip based on double occupancy
* Most Meals (listed on itinerary Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
* Superb Guide
* Transport in private van
* Entry fees
* Airfare and transportation to and from the trip pick-up/drop-off locations
* Lodging before and after the trip
* Personal items purchased during the trip
* Alcoholic beverages
* Some meals are not included. On these trips, Traditions Mexico invites you to explore the local cuisine at your leisure.
* Gratuities for your Traditional Mexico Guides may be given at your discretion in response to their professionalism and leadership.
* Industry standard is for each individual guest to tip the guide team 5-10% of the trip price.
* Room Service
* Travel Visa Fees
You will have a choice to either mail in your payment by check or pay online by credit card.
A deposit of $450 usd per person is required to reserve space on this trip.
Final payment is due 90 days before departure. Any registrations made within 90 days of tour date must be paid in full at time of registration.
After we've received your payment, you will receive a confirmation email along with information specific to your trip.
You may register up to 15 days before the trip, but please don't hesitate; trips often fill up quickly.